Thursday, July 10, 2014

the waiting game

As I approach the coming of my son, I find myself getting more and more excited... on the flip side I find myself getting more and more nervous.
For one, I am constantly hearing about all of the hard things that come hand in hand with being a mom.
  • First of all, if I had a dollar every time someone told me to, "enjoy my sleep now," I'd be able to buy diapers for me and all of China.
  • There isn't one person who tells me more than my own mom how painful labor is and how awful the recovery phase is.
  • I watch parents with their uncontrollable 2 year old at the grocery store who is throwing a fit because they can't have a candy bar.
  • Every single mother in the world, whether they had their baby a week ago or their last grand baby feels obligated to put in their own 2 cents of how to properly raise a child.
Here's where I look on the bright side of life..
  1. No more Heartburn. No. MORE. HEARTBURN!
  2. Morning sickness = Gone.
  3. I can play Volleyball again! (I'm particularly excited for that one)
  4. I can get back into shape!
  5. Stretch marks... hate them... going to fix them.
  6. My endless lazy days will be over 
There's a reason this baby was sent to me and Leka. This is something almost every girl dreams of her whole life. I remember when I was little and my favorite thing to play with was dolls. I loved to pretend I was a mom and dress up the little babies and feed them and take them everywhere. I was anticipating the moment when all the pain and agony is over and you actually get to hold god's most precious creation in your arms.
When all is said and done, I know at the end of the day, yes, it will be hard. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
I also know that every single mom out there is exhausted, sleep-deprived, annoyed at times, bi-polar, but wouldn't ask for any other job in the world. I just know I'm going to be that mom, and that is why I couldn't be more excited to meet my little boy.
That, and I cannot WAIT to dress him up.

{This is me at 36 weeks, I'm actually 38 1/2 now}
The rest of these are from the Maternity Shoot that we took with Claire Lewis. I love them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment